Sunday, August 31, 2008

Confession

OK, my friends. I am usually a woman of my word BUT I have failed. Remember when I promised to work out five days a week? Well, I've been a slacker this week. I am recommitting myself and will start again bright and early tomorrow morning.

If you want to hear my long list of excuses, continue reading... My knee has been giving me some problems so I thought some water aerobics would be a good solution. HeRoos and I met at the rec center on his way home from work to swap the baby. I excitedly headed in with my flip flops, swimsuit under my clothes & and towel in hand. A sign on the door read that the pool is under construction for a month. So much for updating their website. Grrr So, I asked the young guy at the counter what I could do to get a work out with flip flops. His response, "Nothing." 'Thanks pal.' I arrived home a little frustrated so HeRoos and I decided to wash the car. I guess my bathing suit got a little wet after all. There are a couple days that I've been in my tennis shoes ready to sweat and my little guy decides he's hungry. I feed him, then I feel completely drained and opt not to work out. Excuses excuses excuses.

And for a downer (not related to this topic at all but my chance to get feelings sorted out as I type)...I've been a little caught up in all the sadness that seems to be going on in the world. Life is so unpredictable. One of my sorority sisters was killed in a plane crash, along with nine other people. She left behind a little girl. Then I started thinking about our neighbor who died from a motorcycle accident, leaving behind a wife and six young children. Then I read about a couple (who I don't personally know) who were severely burned in an airplane crash who have children. And a young mother battling cancer. There is just so much sadness. I feel sad for the families who have been left behind and those who are watching their loved ones suffer. I truly believe that the people who have passed on are in a far better place but my heart aches for those who are left behind to cope with the huge hole in their hearts. I often use my blog as a place to share happy events but I guess there are times that it's ok to share the not so happy things. I used to write in my journal regularly. I have a whole trunk full of diaries and journals. Writing my thoughts down on paper was the best form of therapy and brainstorming. Since I started blogging, I justified it as my journal entries but I'm afraid that is another area I need to stop slacking in. I know that with all the sadness in the world, there is just as much happiness. Sometimes it's just easy to get caught up in the storm and miss the rainbow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In case you don't know this I love you very much! I don't believe that all good intentions pave the way to hell! I know how discouraging it is to have goals and not be able to fulfill them because of some unforseen problem or something or somebody that gets in the way of them.(CLOSED POOL!!) dang!! Life is quite the journey! It's the speedbumps that hurt and slow you down. There is so much beauty and sadness in life. I've found you have to "savor" the good times because faith,hope and endurance help us through the bad ones. Love, G>R.

The Leo said...

You are really blessed to have a lot of wonderful opportunities to serve around you. Some burdens need many many shoulders to help bear. It's like Mother Teresa said, "If we cannot do great things, do small things with great love."

Jamie said...

Man, did I need your post. I came home from work, all worked up about how terrible things were in my world - but now, thanks to you, I'm remembering what is really important - and it's not work. It's loving and helping those around us.

Megan said...

I know what you mean. It makes me so sad - and scared - when I hear of parents dying and leaving small children. Bill & I have talked a lot about who to have raise our children if something were to happen to us, but I truly hope it never comes to that. As much as I love my brothers/sisters and in-laws and think they are wonderful parents to their own kids, I can't imagine someone else raising my baby.

Good luck with the workouts! I'm trying, too, and I know how hard it is! I think your excuses are good ones - probably because they are similar to mine... :)