Friday, November 7, 2008

Attack of the Fruit Flies

Our house is hosting a fruit fly convention and I want the party to end pronto! I called my mom and asked her how to get rid of them. Her response was simple, "Throw away your fruit." I followed her advice and they're still around. I even rolled up a magazine and had a killing frenzy (with not too much guilt). For every fly I swatted, five more emerged. I found a few dead in a swimming pool of orange juice. I can't even leave spoons out while cooking. They make my skin crawl. Help!

3 comments:

nymanzanita said...

Yuck....I hate those darn fruit flies too! Not too sure what to suggest...I usually get them to go away when I toss the fruit...hope you get them to stop buzzing around soon.

Mike and Gin said...

Put out some vinegar in a bottle, something they can climb into but have a hard time getting out of. They love the smell and will end up drowning in it. Yummy! Not!

Anonymous said...

I read to get rid of fruit flies put vinegar in a cup add some dish -washing soap (like Dawn) and mix together and that will be their last swimming party in your house. Good luck !! Ihope it works. Love, G.R.