Friday, September 11, 2009

A Curtain That Keeps on Giving

Remember the lamp shade I made out of curtain? Well it has proved to come in useful once again.



I fell in love with a tutu at a store in the mall...guess how much it was? Come on, just guess. Yep, 50 big ones. I couldn't justify that even for ZoZo'z pictures so I decided to get creative. This is what I came up with.



So the pictures don't do it justice. I'm glad I didn't give the curtain to D.I. Some of the ribbon is "recycled" gift wrap. And the really great part... less than $5! The kiddos/babios had pictures taken yesterday by a VERY patient photographer. ZoZo modeled the tutu. I'll post pictures when they're ready.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I need some of your DIY skills. I can come up with the projects, I just never seem to finish them.

Jodi said...

You are one creative gal...I love both the lamp and the tutu! She will have fun dressing up in that for years to come!!! My girls spend hours on end dressing up and we have quite the collection of dress up clothes we've accumulated over the years!

Kristanne said...

You are so creative. The tutu is adorable!! Can't wait for the pictures!!