Monday, April 7, 2008

Zombies Don't Blog

I was warned about the lack of sleep new parents experience BUT nothing could've prepared me for this. I LOVE sleep, I treasure zzzzz's, I look forward to a good night's rest and even a quality power nap. I'm an eight hour a night gal. To function at my best, my bedtime can be no later than 11:00 p.m. I haven't experienced any of the above since March 14th!

Yes, I'm still in my pajamas and it's 11:00 AM and I'll probably be in them until HeRoos calls and tells me he is on his way home from work (I'll jump in the shower, get dressed, and he'll think I've been ready all day). The days and nights blend together, my mind is foggy, and my speech is delayed. Is it possible for the brain to shrink from lack of sleep?

It's a good thing our "Mini Max" is so sweet. Even at 2 AM, all I have to do is look at his cute little face, take a deep breath, nibble his soft cheeks and I realize he is definitely worth it.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

He is definatly worth it. You got your wonderful mamma to help you out when you need to catch up on that 200 hours or so of sleep. Love ya'll tonz!

Tristie hearts Dax said...

way to put it, mama. hang in there! You will NOT know what hit you that first time your baby sleeps for a 4-6 hour stretch. It is HEAVENLY!

Anonymous said...

I feel for you.Sleep is such a wonderful luxury especially when you become new parents.If you think " Mini Max" is causing uou sleepless nights now , wait till he turns sixteen gets his drivers license and goes crusing out on the town and you're waiting up for him and his safe return. Love,G.R.