Saturday, January 26, 2008

Food Critic

Have you ever been so disappointed in a meal that you just want to tell everyone you know to never go to that place??? Well, the pregnant food critic is about to speak her mind... GRRRRrrrr! HeRoos and I wanted some yummy Mexican food after snowshoeing.

I remember some of my friends raving about this great place in West Jordan but I couldn't remember the exact address. We were in the general area and saw a Mexican restaurant and thought we'd give it a try. It was horrible. My cheese enchiladas seem to have all the correct ingredients but they weren't even warm. The cheese was still in it's shredded form and not melted, the chips were covered in pico de gallo and soggy, the beans and rice didn't have flavor and were cold. The price for our two meals was $18.00. Need I go on?

I hesitated complaining about the food because I wasn't sure if it would come back with some spit wads in it. Instead, I'm releasing my frustration in my blog. After trying to eat what we could of the meal, I received a text from my friend and sure enough, we went to the wrong restaurant. Hopefully, next time you hear from the food critic, it will be a positive review.

Rancherito's Mexican Food

6 comments:

nymanzanita said...

Nothing worse than yucky Mexican food....especially when you know how YUMMY it really could be if they had done it right! I have had this happen to me a few times and I have thought to myself, "If I wanted food this bad I would have thrown some lard and a can of beans on a tortilla myself and eaten it cold." Yuck!

Anonymous said...

Hey you can go Tijuna without leaving Utah. I guess it would be to our advantage to learn some basic Spanish. I think bad food can be understood in any language.Just don't go to HAITI!
iREAD THAT THE POOREST OF HAITIANS CAN'T EVEN AFFORD A DAILY BOWL OF RICE. SO TO CURB HUNGER PAINS THEY MAKE COOKIES FROM THE YELLOW DRIED DIRT FROM THE COUNTRY'S CENTRAL PLATEAU PLATEAU.

Tristie hearts Dax said...

I hope it wasn't the place on Redwood Road and 7800 South. I once had a chicken burrito there that had a giant piece of chicken inside with the gross bumpy skin still attached! I almost threw up!

Lifes Great Adventures said...

It is so frustrating to spend money on bad food. I love to try new restaurants but also worry that we may have some "ick" so I'm torn. Poor Tristie, that would make be want to barf too! I wish you better food in the future.

Rookie Dad said...

You may want to look into a regular column entitled "The Pregnant Food Critic". You could include a weekly feature about the best and worst places for pregnant women to eat, including (1) which places are open when you get that late night craving, (2) which restaurants can seat you near the restroom (or at least near a large plant) in case you start feeling sick, (3) which restaurants have booths where the the tables are too close to the chairs, leaving little room for a growing midsection and (4) what food makes your baby go crazy inside.

Come to think of it, a few guys might be interested in reading it too if you provide the info in #3 . . .

Anonymous said...

Ju a com two Santa Clara en I make ju some reel Mexican fud. I espek english berry well now en I cook de fud muy hot for ju. It no snow here en I like a see jew some dia muy pronto. Con todo mi cariƱo, XOXO jew favorite uncle !