Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Search is on for the Perfect Pair of Jeans


Pregnancy changes the body. Even when the weight is gone, things have shifted. It has been a challenge finding jeans that don't reveal crack, shift the soft spots into a mushroom shape, or scream 'MOM'. After owning plenty of jeans that are just OK, I've decided it's time to fork out the cash for a pair that I really feel good in.

HeRoos & I went out for Sushi and a trip to the mall. The cash that I have been saving for this occasion was tucked safely away. I tried on lots of jeans and HeRoos was surprisingly patient. When I was debating between two pairs he suggested that I get both. I was giddy and even more excited when he treated me to both pairs.

Then I got home and tried them on.
Then again the next morning.
And again in the afternoon.
And again before going to bed.

My mirror was a sad reality check. It looks like these jeans will be returned to the store to find a happier owner, along with the other two that have been returned this month- making that a total of 4 imperfect jeans. (Yes, please let me blame the imperfection on the jeans, not my lack of diligent exercise).

After recommitting myself to some serious work outs & looking forward to results, my goal is to once again be on the prowl for the perfect pair of jeans in May. Oh no, then bathing suit season is just around the corner.

7 comments:

Jamie said...

The search for perfect jeans may just be longer and more complicated than the search for a perfect man. I've spent my life searching and haven't found either one.

Just Julie said...

I'm glad there's someone else who buys the jeans and, once trying them on at home, realize that they're just not gonna do and has to return them! Sadly, the perfect jean is rather elusive, even for those of us who haven't had kids! This makes me a big discouraged for when I DO have kids :)

The One said...

Lee No Gap Waistband Stretch Dark Denim Jeans at JcPenney-enough said

Kristanne said...

I gave up on jeans years ago. They became too uncomfortable, and I couldn't find a pair that supported in the right places without cutting off air, so you always get me in capri's or pull ons. I know - kind of old lady... but....

Hope you are more successful than I was.

Anonymous said...

My advice . Lower your expectation. and don't look in mirrors. xxoo G.G.

Anonymous said...

My avice would be to lower your expectations and never look in rear=view mirrors It'xx00 G.G.s helped me.

Rebecca Neville said...

LOL! This post reminds me of trying on lots of frumpy dresses on the mission, and trying our hardest to be cute! Do they have Maurices by you? I just found some jeans there, I still have the flab hanging over, that is inevitable, but they have long legs that help me feel cuter:)