Thursday, February 18, 2010

PVC Bangles

I have a very talented friend, Nicole, who always has great ideas. I decided to give the bangles a try with the Young Women at my church and we had a great time. If you want a fun, inexpensive project for a lot of girls, this is a good one.

I bought 2 inch and 3 inch PVC pipe. My friend let me use her table saw to cut varying widths and it worked awesome. I felt so independent using a power tool without the help of a man. ;) .



The 2 inch pipe was too small and the 3 inch was too big so we hot glued cardboard on the inside of the 3 inch pipe to custom fit the bangles. Then the girls chose material. They ripped it into strips and wrapped it around the PVC pipe. Hot glue worked well on the ends of the fabric.



They got super creative and made bows and combined different patterns. They had a fun time. I didn't get a picture of all the girls because they finished at different times. There were plenty of supplies so some of the girls went home with multiple bracelets.


7 comments:

Jamie said...

What a cool idea! I have a feeling you are the favorite YW leader in your ward.

Megan said...

cute idea! I bet our achievement day girls would enjoy doing that...

Kristanne said...

You always come up with neat ideas. I bet the girls loved it!!

Grandma Beaner said...

You rock! What an ingenious project for YW. I'm sure they loved making them and will always remember you and your example.

Jenny said...

What a cute idea!! and you look so cool using that big saw, you go girl!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you posted this. I took the idea and made them with my girl scouts tonight, but I covered those rubber bracelets instead. (note to self...I need a cool saw!) Thanks!

Lifes Great Adventures said...

They are cute!