Saturday, January 30, 2010

Haiti



Did anyone else see the episode of the Doctor's when they went to Haiti to provide service after the horrific earthquake? It brought tears to my eyes and I tried explaining to MB why I was crying. His innocent face & curious eyes caused me to cry even more. I wanted so badly to scoop him into my arms and hold him like a baby again.

I cannot even begin to imagine what the people of Haiti must be going through. I pray for them. I pray for the people who are serving them. I pray for peace to be their companion as they endure. There is a loving God who is aware of them, every single one of them.

Someday HeRoos and I want to adopt. When I heard about the Haitian orphans and saw their beautiful brown eyes and dark skin, a part of me wondered if we could open our hearts and home to them. As quickly as the thought entered my mind, another replaced it, "There is a time and a season for everything." I know that now is not that time nor season in our life. I pray that when it is, our family will be prepared.

1 comment:

nymanzanita said...

I enjoyed reading your comments. I too have many of the same feelings. It is pretty humbling to see what they are going through. I hope that they continue to heal and that they feel comforted by all of the prayers that have been offered for them. Very sad!