Happy Mother's Day to a MOM, who:
* taught us to appreciate nature and the outdoors
* has a positive attitude & makes the best of situations
* never stifled my creativity- she let me make tea sets out of aluminum foil & carve sculptures out of soap bars
* rolled up her pant legs and caught tadpoles & minnows in the creek behind our house
* let me have pets growing up (dogs, chicken, duck, fish, hermit crabs, hamsters, frogs)
* makes delicious home cooked meals
* always looks her best when leaving the house
* has a green thumb
* taught us how to swim
* played barbies with me
* looks for ways to serve those around her
* is generous with her time & money
* can make friends with anyone
* paints anything that stays still long enough-including the dog!
* adores her grandchildren & has a special relationship with each of them
* likes Diet Coke and drinks it like water
* can never find anything in her purse :)
* is non-judgemental and quick to give the benefit of the doubt
* is constantly changing the shade of her red/orange/pink/purple hair
* spoils her kids and grand kids with love & attention
* remembers birthdays and makes them extra special
* doesn't complain about her Rheumatoid arthritis and other health issues
* has enough energy to compete with the Energizer bunny
* enjoys watching HGTV
* has a poodle for a lap dog
* tackles sewing & craft projects eventhough she can't see well enough to thread a needle ;)
* always has time to talk and listen
* spreads sunshine wherever she goes!
This is a picture of my mom & her favorite daughter!
Playing with the grandkids in the sandbox. She always gets on their level and they can't get enough of their Grandma Go Go.
Planting flowers for me on my birthday. She is one thoughtful lady!