Monday, March 23, 2009

Monkey Birthday Party!

We celebrated MB's first birthday "Monkey Style." He received a monkey stuffed animal from Grandma & Grandpa H for Christmas and he loves it. He lights up when he sees it so we decided to have a monkey birthday.







These party favors worked great in little bags as balloon weights.






We had fruit, pizza,rootbeer & cupcakes. It wasn't until everyone left that we realized we forgot to hand out creamsicles. We have three full boxes! It looks like I may need to help take care of that problem. ;)

He was a little hesitant with the cake but after some encouragement from Dad, he finally got into it.





MB wants to thank everyone for the great presents. He is having so much with them!









It was nice spending time with family & friends to celebrate our little guys 1st birthday.










We are so glad MB joined our family. We can't imagine our lives without him!

8 comments:

Megan said...

Wow, Jennie! You did such a cute job on the cupcakes, decorations, invitations. What a fun day for MB!

The One said...

I love that cake. You guys have some serious skills! Sorry we missed it! Does it even seem like a year to you? Goes by pretty fast.....

Melanie said...

We had fun, thanks for including us.

Karolee said...

That cake is the cutest thing ever! What a fun idea! Happy Birthday to your big one year old!

Lisa & Aukuso said...

I LOVE MONKEYS!!! Always have! My child's room WILL be decorated with monkeys, regardless of whether it's a boy or girl. SUPER cute. ...and in reading one of your earlier blogs about the difference in pregnancies between your son and daughter, looks like mine will be a boy (God willing)too if I take suit after you (as far as cravings and whatnot)! Love you!!!

porterpies said...

So sorry we missed it!!! I really wanted to come, but Easton and I have been really sick. He had an ear infection that he just couldn't shake and I've got a serious case of the snots! Looks like his party was a hit. You are such a cute mama.

Kristanne said...

How fun -- The cake was so cute, and looked easy enough for me to make it. Families make parties so wonderful!

nymanzanita said...

Your family is honestly TOO cute! You do the funnest things together and plan the BEST parties! Too bad I live so far away...I'd have to invite myself over to party hardy if I lived closer. :) Happy Birthday M. Oh...is that a Monkey penny bank on the table? If so, I have the same one. I put my coins in it every night. It is comforting to know that I have the same penny bank as a 1 year old. :) I am such a kid!